Collection, processing and storing of personal data
We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Sites, or through other people when you use services associated with the Sites.
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services on our Sites, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, support queries, content you direct us to make available on our Sites (such as product reviews or pictures of products you purchased from us) and web analytics data.
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
The personal and payment information that you give us are coded as follows: Used encryption: SSL 3.0; RSA 1024 Bit; Encryption of the reference data: RC4 128 Bit, Triple-DES 112/168 Bit.
Use of personal data
We will use your personal information.
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on our site. To manage our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us or asking for your feedback
- To manage our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- To provide you with marketing information about our products and services which we feel may interest you and only if you have previously consented to this.
Sharing user’s personal information
We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- The data needed for the ordering process is electronically saved and will be given to the necessary service partners (e.g. the logistics company, the bank assigned processing the payment). To protect our interests we might transfer your name and your address to the arvato infoscore GmbH, Rheinstraße 99, 76532 Baden-Baden or to the ONA credit agency Iver Nahr e.K., Oberdorfstr. 6, 78465 Konstanz, or to Riskified Ltd., 39 Montefiore St., Tel Aviv 6520108, Israel, to check your credit worthiness. Your protection worth interests will be considered according to the legal regulations.
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.)
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
Access to personal information
You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging into your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data or deletion. We are obliged by law to provide you the requested info in 30 days time. You can also close the account you have with us at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact us using the email address email@example.com.
You are also entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent.
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The use, handling and transfer of data for marketing purposes can be revoked at any time by writing to us at: ars mundi Edition Max Büchner GmbH, responsible for data protection, Bödekerstraße 13, D-30161 Hanover or per e-mail to email@example.com.
At any time, you can revoke the future sending of ars mundi catalogs by sending an informal cancellation to ars mundi Edition Max Büchner GmbH, Bödekerstraße 13, D-30161 Hanover or per eMail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The processing might take some time due to technical proceedings; we therefore ask you for your understanding if you still receive advertisement during a transition period of 30 days.
A cookie is a small text file, that is placed into the memory of the browser. This text file does not contain any personal data. It just stores a series of numbers that can be assigned to each user. You can control it and, if you want, disable the cookies of this site with your browser. On our internet shop cookies are used to make the handling easier for the users. After being successfully registered, you will be recognized later when visiting the ars mundi-website. The data stored in the cookie saves you time from filling in the forms again.
See below the kind of information that is recorded using cookies:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
- the domain name you requested;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- the website which referred you to our Sites; and
- the operating system which your computer uses.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. („Google“). Google Analytics uses so called „Cookies“, text files that are saved on your computer and that allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information created by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP-address) is transferred to a server of Google in the USA and saved. Google will use this information to analyze your use of the website, to make reports about website activities for website hosts and to offer services that are related to the use of the website and the internet. Also might Google transfer these information to third parties, as far as regulated by law or as far as third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Google will in no case connect your IP address with other data of Google. With Google Analytics no personal data will be collected nor transferred. You can avoid the installation of cookies with a certain setting of your browser software; in that case we have to inform you that you might not be able to fully use all the functions of this website. By using this website you agree that your data being collected in the above described way by Google will be used for the above described purpose.
Updating this policy
We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.